Staying positive doesn’t mean you will feel happy all the time. It just means on hard days, and you know that better days are coming.
Remember, positive people also have negative thoughts. They just don’t let it control them. Improving your mental health will look different for every woman. It may look different each day. Remember, the key is developing healthy habits, and eventually, it will become a part of your routine.
Here are some tips to help improve your mental health and overall wellness:
- Exercise regularly. Move your body. If you can’t run, jog. If you can’t jog, walk and if you can’t walk for long periods, then stretch when safe. Working out has proven to be one of the top stress relievers.
- Practice positive self-talk. How you talk to yourself matters, so be KIND to yourself. Saying positive affirmations out loud is very helpful!
- Express gratitude for things and people in your life. There is always something to be grateful for.
Laugh, set boundaries, and remember you are doing the best you can. 4. Manage your stress and anxiety. Research shows that laughter can boost your immune system, ease pain, relax your body and reduce stress. Also, meditation can help with managing stress and anxiety.
- Stay hydrated. Drinking water is SO important! Also, eat more healthy meals. Life is all about balance, so cheat meals are okay in moderation! Just make sure to eat more fruits and veggies.
- Give yourself grace and allow yourself to feel whatever emotions you may have. Suppressing your feelings can be very unhealthy. Journal, cry, talk to a trusted person in your life. Just make sure you RELEASE and don’t hold things in.
- Seek out the activities that bring you joy—no matter how small. Enjoy them alone or invite others to join. Surround yourself with people that love and support you. Focus on those that love you and not those that don’t.
- Stay positive. Remember, you don’t have to believe every thought that crosses your mind. When a negative thought enters your mind, combat it with gratitude and shift immediately to a positive mindset. Don’t dwell on that negative thought. What you focus on magnifies, so try your best to FOCUS on the positive.